Our youngest on-air presenter, Tanaka, shares her favourite easy-to-make recipe for Granadilla Fridge Tart. She prepared one at home before coming into studio and shared it live on-air with our on air team.
It’s super easy to make and, believe me, is DELICIOUS!
[For kids only – just remember to ask an adult to help you if you are working with hot water and sharp knives to cut the granadillas!]
- 1 packet of Tennis biscuits (substitute a gluten-free variety if you like)
- 1/2 cup melted butter/ margarine
- 1 packet of jelly – preferably granadilla, lemon or pineapple
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 1 cup of granadilla pulp (this can need anything from 6-10 granadilla’s worth)
- 1 cup hot water
- Crush the biscuits into crumbs.
- Combine melted butter with crumbs and mix well.
- Press into a pie dish.
- Put it into the fridge.
- Mix together the contents of the jelly packet with 1 cup of water until completely dissolved.
- Add the granadilla pulp and the condensed milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour over the biscuit base.
- Put it into the fridge to set for approximately an hour.
Remove and ENJOY!!